Job Title: Business Development Representative
Reports to: VP of Sales
iRis Networks, headquartered in Nashville, TN, is currently seeking a Business Development Representative. Iris provides Wholesale/Enterprise telecommunications services, specializing in wireless carrier backhaul solutions.
Bring your knowledge and expertise and grow with the iRis team!
The primary purpose of this position is to improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. Responsibilities include long-term organizational strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Essential Job Requirements
- Pursue sales leads and prospective clients, delivering presentations and proposals.
- Develop business plans that include marketing strategies, maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions, and report information to key staff.
Implement new business opportunities.
Build, interface, and maintain important client relationships.
- Interact with prospective customers.
- Conduct pricing and research potential sales opportunities.
- Analyze and control expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepare sales reports.
- Represent the company at trade association meetings to promote the network.
- Perform general administrative functions.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite specifically: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate must effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business preferred or Master’s in Business Administration
- Five to ten years of management and telecom experience required.
- Personal attributes important to this position consist of strong leadership capabilities.
- Knowledge of the specific industry, proven revenue generation, strategy, and management experience.
- Must be a licensed driver, able to understand road directions and interpret a map.
- Must possess strong communications skills, written and verbal, analytical and financial skills.
- Must be self-motivated to create revenue opportunities.
- Must possess strong customer service orientation.
- Must have the ability to positively solve problems.
- Must be able to effectively negotiate outcomes for IRIS and for customers.
- Must be able to work with little direction and supervision.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to deal with stress and rejection.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Must be able to hear and talk continuously throughout the day.
- Must have clarity of vision, both near and far acuity, as well as depth perception and accommodation.
- Work is sedentary in nature and requires exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to reach, handle, finger, and feel objects.
- Must be able to drive a car.
- Must have the mental ability to read, understand, compare, copy, compute, compile, analyze, coordinate, and synthesize information and data.
- Must be able to use office equipment such as a telephone, computer, copier, fax, and calculator.
Working Environment and Hazards
- Works in a quiet, climate-controlled office environment most of the time.
- Overnight travel required.
- Vehicle operation and air travel required.
Nashville is among the fastest-growing cities in the United States. It has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, coupled with music and entertainment, making it an exciting place to live, work, and build a growing business. iRis Networks offers a competitive benefits package with salary and bonus opportunities.
For more information, please visit www.iRisNetworksUSA.com.
To apply, send a resume and salary history to iRisHR@iRisNetworksUSA.com.